Wednesday, November 4, 2009

God is in heaven, all is right with the world.

Here is a very elaborate piece celebrating my friend Kamron and his escape from organized religion. Let`s have a minute of silence and reflect on how there is nobody up there who is interested in us, who loves us.

Nobody down here either for that matter.

This groundbreaking work of art took me about five months to complete. I executed several studies of Vermeer beforehand, the Dutch master was fundamental in order to get the shading the way I wanted it. I also spent a couple of months in Florence coping Botticelli so that I could get that round shape in the balloon just right.

I`m very proud of you buddy, don`t get mad!!

Amen.







6 comments:

  1. As a fellow escapee from the clutches of the infernal christ, I commend this tribute to the great empty sky and it's infinite indifference. No meaning is also an answer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, we all have our santa clauses

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you seeking personal gain through actions of bribery, extortion, and/or the molestation of japanese doom-metal bands?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don`t need another secret admirer.
    send me flowers next time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what do you have to hid there Mr.Anonymous? come out and be a open part of this lovely blog community we have going here.
    and luca i think this drawing could benefit form more feet. but thats just me ;)

    ReplyDelete